The next RMMWA monthly meeting will be held March 10, 2022 at the Colorado Automobile Dealers Association (290 Speer Blvd. in Denver) and we’ll also broadcast a live, interactive hybrid meeting via Zoom. Please join us in-person or via Zoom for a presentation by forensic artist Cynthia Marsh.
The meeting at CADA will start at 6:15 p.m. (MT) with drinks and networking, and dinner will be served at 6:30. Zoom attendees may sign on shortly before 7:00 for the start of the program. See the full agenda below.
To register to attend in person, please use the link below.
Note: Do not sign up for the March meal here if you purchased dinner for our cancelled February meeting. Instead please email the Caterer Director (Brooke Terpening) and she will credit the March meal to you. You can also reach Brooke using our contact page; select “Caterer Director” in the first dropdown menu.
Zoom attendance is free and there is no need to register. Members will receive the meeting link via email. Non-members, please send an email to email@example.com to request access.
The menu for the meeting at CADA is:
- Fish Tacos Bar. Cornmeal tossed tilapia, pan fried, accompanied with cilantro-lime rice or spanish rice, taco shells, flour tortillas, shredded cheese, cajun slaw and pineapple salsa
add diced tomatoes/onion/black olive.
- Mexican Vegetable Salad. Corn, zucchini, jalapeno, bell pepper, scallion, avocado, salsa, tortilla strips atop a bed of orzo pasta with cilantro lemon vinaigrette.
- Beverages: Tea, coffee, and water are provided. Wine and beer are available for a suggested cash donation of $3.00 per drink.
- 6:15 Networking and drinks
- 6:30 Dinner
- 7:00 Introductions and Member News
- 7:30 Mystery Minute
- 7:40 Program
Historical Perspective; Ownership and Rights Lineage; and Fair Use
by Jon Tandler
This month’s program will discuss the history and development of U.S. Copyright Law; copyright ownership and exclusive authorial rights from author to agent to publisher; and how exclusivity relates to fair use laws.
Jon Tandler works with clients in many industries on developing, maintaining, and monetizing intellectual property assets. His work includes copyright and publishing, and rights counseling, preparing contracts and IP licenses, and providing legal support on a wide variety of projects centric to books and magazines. Jon also practices software and information technology law. Trained in corporate finance, Jon also provides commercial law services to small and medium-sized businesses. Jon provides legal services to companies, individuals, and tax-exempt organizations. Jon is a Member of Sherman & Howard L.L.C., a regional law firm based in Denver, Colorado.